It’s time once again for choir at St. Matts! We will again embrace the concept of a “Festival choir.” “Festival choir” means we rehearse for a limited number of weeks, to prepare for a limited number of services. We will rehearse four weeks during Lent to prepare for singing during Holy Week. Generally, we will meet on Wednesday evenings in the church. (Some adaptations to time and/or place may be necessary to accommodate the Faith Formation program.) We may also explore the option of hybrid rehearsals where some attend in person and others attend online with rehearsal recordings available. As always, all voices and instrumentalists are welcome!
We will be called “Laetare Choir” for the seasons of Lent and Easter. “Laetare” means “Rejoice!” We hope to embrace and share the message of the season through our music! Our rehearsal time together will be focused on fellowship, prayer, and preparing to sing 3 – 4 songs (anthems) with parts for soprano/alto/tenor/bass per season.
- Wednesday, March 8, 7:45 – 8:45 PM in church
- Wednesday, March 15, 7:45 – 8:45 PM in church
- Wednesday, March 22, 7:15 – 8:15 PM in church
- Wednesday, March 29, 7:15 – 8:15 PM in church
- We will sing for the Triduum services and specially:
- Holy Thursday, April 6, 7:00 PM (6:15 PM warm-up)
- Easter Vigil, Saturday, April 8, 7:00 PM (6:15 PM warm-up)
- Easter Sunday, April 9, 10:15 AM (9:15 AM warm-up)
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your consideration. Looking forward to seeing as many of you as can come – as many times as you can come.
Please spread the word and invite others who would enjoy this opportunity!
Leave a Reply