Coming up fast are the first of several “Prayer and Listening Events” that serve as a prelude to the 2021 Archdiocesan Synod. The weekend of the October 11th and 12th is a great opportunity for St. Matthew’s parishioners to attend at Guardian Angels in Oakdale on Friday or at Our Lady Guadalupe on Saturday. Archbishop Hebda will be in attendance at both of these Listening Events.
Friday, Oct. 11, 6-9 p.m.
Guardian Angels, Oakdale
Saturday, Oct. 12, 9 a.m.-noon
Our Lady of Guadalupe, St. Paul
Bilingual (English and Spanish)
The Listening Church
Archbishop Bernard Hebda wants to hear from you! You know what’s working and what needs work in your parish and this Archdiocese. This is your opportunity to help shape the future of our local Church.
What is a Prayer and Listening Event?
- Participants will gather together to pray, discuss, and give feedback on what is working well now in their parish and this Archdiocese, and what are the challenges and opportunities as we move forward together.
- Everyone is invited to attend an event. All participants are encouraged to give written feedback that will be read and considered.
- Archbishop Bernard Hebda is scheduled to attend all events to pray and to participate in the listening process.
What is a Synod? What is the purpose?
- “A Synod is a formal representative assembly designed to help a bishop in his shepherding of the local Church.”
- The purpose is “to discern and establish clear pastoral priorities in a way that will both promote greater unity and lead us to a more vigorous proclamation of Jesus’ good news.”
Download 2-page flyer: Synod 2021 Overview-The Listening Church