- Technicians from All City Elevator began repair work on the school elevator this past week. Recall that a combination of an aging school roof and bad weather contributed to a major leak in the school elevator shaft, back in February. Total cost to repair is about $29,000. All but $1,000 is covered by insurance.
- About that aging flat school roof: that replacement project will happen in the next few months, depending on our roofing company’s schedule. Cost is roughly $221,000. We plan to cover that cost initially with our Line of Credit from Catholic Finance Corporation. That allows us to pay off the roof cost gradually.
- Another urgent project is replacement of the main electric panel (the E-Box) in the church. We’ve contracted with Apadana Technology to do that work. They’re now working with their suppliers to acquire the needed components. That work is likely six months out, due to supply chain issues. Cost is $109,000. We’ve raised about 40% of that so far, thanks to many people’s generosity. We welcome additional contributions!
- We’ve started another project: repairing or replacing many doors throughout our campus. Workers began in the school building a couple of weeks ago. They’ll return soon, to work on several doors in the Parish Center and church building.
- We continue to research the proposed solar panel installation. If interested in this project, please let me know.
- With the above projects moving along, I want to return to work on security systems (besides repairing doors). I’m in touch with one company, Verkada. If you are familiar with others, please let me know.
- Our next Facilities Committee meeting is at 6:00 PM this Tuesday, May 9. Volunteers on this committee have been a great help in projects big and small. These are open meetings. Please come if you want to help.
Thank you for your support, and have a great week!
Leave a Reply