Some have asked for a copy of the examination of conscience at the Penance Service on the Fourth Sunday of Advent. It is found below.
Fr. Steve Adrian
Examination of Conscience
- Can you set aside your need to be in control?
- Can you stop being judgmental, intolerant, and self-righteous?
- Can you let go of the grudges you have been holding onto?
- Can you be generous with your love and attention?
- Are you strengthening your faith through worship?
- Are you using your talents at the service of the common good?
- Are you faithful and honest in your relationships?
- Are you honoring creation by taking good care of it?
- Are you gentle with those who try your patience?
- Are you kind – not just to those you like, but to everyone?
- Are you sensitive to others’ pain and suffering?
- Are you visiting the sick, comforting the grieving, giving your time to the lonely?
- Do you find time each day for quiet prayer?
- Do you slow down and really listen to others?
- Do you hold back the inclination to continuously be busy about something?
- Do you stop yourself from wanting to have the last word?
- Are you a sign of hope and joy for others?
- Are you willing to forgive as well as ask for forgiveness?
- Are you grateful?