The Good News from Alums, Friends and Families providing tuition assistance to Community of Saints Regional Catholic School
Download PDF: The Good News Fall/Winter 2020/2021
- COS Partnership with Notre Dame Delivers Highest Quality Academics – When Fr. Nate Wills, C.S.C., Ph.D., heard that COS received a grant to participate
in Notre Dame’s STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Teaching Fellows initiative, he was pleased but a little surprised.
- Message from Father Steve – “I pray that you are doing well and have the support that makes life in this pandemic possible for you. Our students pray for you daily.
Students and teachers have been marvelously resilient in adapting to the demands of this year. Many of our families have additional burdens with loss of job or being furloughed. The national and international result of the death of George Floyd has touched many of our families, especially families of color. 2020 has been a year unlike any I have experienced.”
- Teacher profile — Audrey Moorhouse, Middle School Science – Mission to Attract Diverse Students to STEM is Both Personal and Professional
- COS Adds 2nd Kindergarten Classroom – With 36 students, this year’s class of kindergarteners is Community of Saint’s largest. Because a large number of siblings attend COS, the school had been planning to add a second kindergarten classroom since last winter.
- Following Their Dad’s Lead Siblings Honor Dad with Gift to Tuition Assistance – When John O’Halloran celebrated his birthday this year, his children decided to honor him by joining him in support of Community of Saints. Siblings Emily, John, and Mike made a $4,180 gift to cover a full scholarship for one child, plus an additional $1,000.
- PRINCIPAL’S UPDATE: Education During COVID-19 – During pandemic, Principal Bridget Kramer focuses on keeping kids safe, and on how she can use technology to keep kids engaged and learning.
- 547 Donors Contributed $345,927 for Tuition Assistance A Record Number of Donors and Donations – To say that it’s been a challenging year for schools is an understatement. Figuring out how to safely teach children during a pandemic has been riddled with variables: What if a student gets sick? What if a teacher gets sick? What if there’s another shutdown.
To learn more about Community of Saints Regional Catholic School, visit us at www.communityofsaints.org.