The Good News from Alums, Friends and Families providing tuition assistance to Community of Saints Regional Catholic School
Download PDF: The Good News – FallWinter 20212022
- COS Helps All Students Reach Their Full Potential – Despite huge educational challenges created by COVID-19, Principal Bridget Kramer hasn’t allowed it to slow down efforts to create an environment where all students can reach their full potential. This year Community of Saints (COS) has kept the momentum going with rigorous new curriculums in science and math, while also expanding City Connects, a program that addresses obstacles to learning that occur outside of the classroom.
- Message from Father Steve – It is a common family experience, if one member of the family is in trouble, the others will put aside what they are doing and come to the aid of the troubled family member. When there is one student in the classroom who is having difficulty, the teacher will give a little more attention to that student.
- Archdiocese Names Community of Saints a Drexel Mission School – The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis named Community of Saints (COS) a Drexel Mission School, one of ten in the Twin Cities. The initiative recognizes Catholic elementary schools serving low-income families and students of color for a dual challenge; the schools have limited ability to generate revenue from tuition while shouldering the extra costs of providing additional services crucial to students’ success.
- What’s New with COS Faculty? – Meet some of the teachers who are new this year, who are returning this year, and who decided it was time for a change.
- 565 Donors Contributed $393,920 for Tuition Assistance – The opportunity gap refers to the difference in education achievements between different groups of students, such as white students and students of color, or students from higher-income and lower-income households. Minnesota has one of the highest opportunity gaps in the country.
To learn more about Community of Saints Regional Catholic School, visit us at www.communityofsaints.org.