The Good News from Alums, Friends and Families providing tuition assistance to Community of Saints Regional Catholic School
Download PDF: The Good News Summer 2023
- COS Student Wins Flaherty Family Scholarship – Student spotlight on Amari who will attend Cretin-Derham Hall High School with the help of the Flaherty Family Foundation scholarship awarded to high-achieving students.
- Message from Father Steve – This issue tells the stories of our graduates “Such stories of the power of COS can be told over and over again… Each time you and I make a gift, we make an investment. We make an act of faith that what we do makes a difference. This issue tells so many stories about the fruits of our investment. Don’t sell yourself short. You make a difference.”
- Donor Finds Estate Planning is Another Way to Give – Mary Ann Ogden shares designating Community of Saints a beneficiary of a retirement plan as a way to give in her estate planning.
- COS Counselor Retires after 40 Years – JoEllen Flak Discusses Youth Mental Health and COS Superpower. At COS, our superpower is Love. God is Love and Love is everywhere in our school. Love creates and nurtures life. Love gives us patience. It motivates us to help one another celebrate and enjoy our school community. When I ask teachers to make accommodations for a student in distress, I NEVER get push back. A frequent response is, “Oh, I just love that kid,” and we go on together to make a plan for support. Our staff loves and enjoys our students.”
- General Joe Votel (RET.) Addresses COS Middle School Students – “What type of impact do you want to make in the world?” Read excepts from General Votel’s address and reflections from the students.
- Most Likely to Never Give Up – Student spotlight on Nevaeh who has cleared hurdles to earn the praise of her teachers.
- COS Graduate Heads to Vis – Student spotlight on May who is the first COS grad to attend high school at Visitation School.
- Congratulations! COS Principal Receives Leadership Award – Bridget Kramer received a 2023 Leadership Award from Minndependent, the largest state-wide organization serving private and independent schools.