We are looking for a video producer to take over from Alan Christensen. At the beginning of the pandemic three years ago, Alan stepped up to put our Masses online. His superb work is the reason we have one of the best online worship experiences of any parish in the Archdiocese—and beyond. We’re profoundly grateful to him!
Alan’s stepping back from video production soon. Accordingly, we’ve posted the part-time Video Producer opening on the Archdiocesan Careers page: https://careers.archspm.org/job/video-producer
We’re also reaching out to area tech schools. If you know anyone with tech skills, please refer them to me. Alan is willing to help a new Producer take over.
Job posting at Archdiocesan Careers site:
Published: March 6, 2023
Location: 490 Hall Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota
Category: Support Staff
Job Type: Part-time
Organizational Name: Church of St. Matthew
Organizational City: St. Paul
Position Contact Name: Phil Grant
Position Contact Title: Pastoral Administrator
Position Contact Email:
St. Matthew’s, a Roman Catholic Parish, seeks a part-time Video Producer to record Masses. We are a welcoming and caring community, rooted in social justice, and known as the Good Samaritan on the west bank of the Mississippi. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter via email to .
Position Summary: Produce 48-50 video recordings per year of weekend and other Masses (Christmas, Triduum).
Key Areas of Responsibility
Post one Mass per week on Sunday mornings at 10:15 a.m. to both YouTube and Facebook. Producer chooses between recording the Saturday 4:15 p.m. Mass and/or livestreaming the Sunday Mass.
- Use or adapt current system, which includes WiFi 6e mesh network with Ethernet ports on each side of the Church. Unique audio mixes available to producers from the main sound mixer.
- Bring an audio mix from Church mixer to recording device(s). Previous producer used Switcher Studio, iPhones, iPads, Zoom H6, and a PPT file for lyrics. (Lyrics provided by volunteers.)
- Be available by email or text to receive input for unique parts of upcoming Masses.
Note: Retiring producer is available to coordinate seamless transition. Producers are not required to handle social media, website or any other technical duties. Producers are not expected to (but may) attend committee meetings.
- Proficiency in video production
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to meet deadlines and be a self-starter
- Ability to pass criminal background check.
Preferred, but not required
- Practicing Catholic in good standing
- Knowledge of Catholic liturgical practices
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter via email to .
Call Phil Grant at 651-224-9793 for more information about this opportunity.
Leave a Reply