From John Riehle, Pastoral Administrator, 11 am, May 24, 2020, as announced at the end of our Sunday morning broadcast of Mass.
- We are living in an uncertain time. We have received much information in the past 48 hours; much of it conflicts with other information.
- I talked with Fr. Steve; the Liturgy Committee talked about this for an hour on Friday afternoon. We are all in consensus of the calendar we will observe at St. Matt’s.
- We will begin having “public Masses” here at Saint Matthew on July 18 and 19. Until that time we will continue to broadcast the Mass on Sunday mornings at 10:15. This calendar will give us a firm plan to point to and work with. Also this will coincide with Fr. Steve’s return from a well-deserved vacation.
- Our worshipping community is mostly folks who have pre-existing conditions and many are older than the suggested “cut-off” age of 65. As well, we have had responses from some who are younger; they have said they would not think of coming until Labor Day. Of course, Father Steve is well into the elderly category as well.
- We will develop a series of practices for dealing with more than 10 at a Mass. These will be posted on the Website and Facebook.
- This will be a new way to worship together. It will be very different from what we were doing in early March.
- Please pray for each other; pray for Father Steve; pray for all those who are infected with the virus; please pray for all who have died—and their families; and pray for the safety of everyone.
Leave a Reply