Worshiping together again
Please read this important update:
Policies and procedures for the return to Public Mass 5-13-2021
Church of Saint Matthew Covid-19 Mass Attendance Guidelines
Many of our parishioners and visitors have received their Covid-19 vaccinations, others still have not. We still need to take precautions. It’s common sense and it’s the state law. Please consider the following things before coming to Mass, for your sake and the sake of your follow parishioners too. Thank you.
Saint Matthew welcomes all to our parish. At the same time, we pledge to keep a safe environment for everyone. Before attending Mass, please consider the following questions and if you answer “yes”, please do not attend Mass in person, but rather follow us on our website or on our YouTube channel.
1. In the past 14 days have you been exposed to Covid-19 or been in contact with someone who has been exposed?
2. Are you or any one you know experiencing any of the following symptoms you cannot attribute to another condition; fever, chills, new cough, new sore throat, new headache, new loss of smell or taste, new muscle aches or new shortness of breath?
3. For everyone's safety and health, masks are required; distance is requested; and signing in for contact tracing is necessary.
SINGING DURING MASS
Singing is again allowed at Mass as long as you are wearing your mask. This means your nose and mouth are to be fully covered while singing.
CHANGES FOR IN-PERSON MASS ATTENDANCE
- The long-handled collection baskets will be used for the regular and any special collections. There will NOT be a basket near the entrance.
- Please follow these guidelines for communion reception.
- Use personal sanitizer [that you brought]
- Come forward with your mask in place.
- Keep distance as you come forward.
- Keep your left hand as flat as possible.
- Accept the host from the person distributing; take 2 or 3 steps to the side; move your mask up or down; communicate yourself; replace your mask and return to your place. Thank you.
TO REPEAT: Keep your mask in place for the entire time; keep distance from those in other households!!
Please continue your prayers for Father Adrian who presides at Mass online each week (via Facebook and YouTube). Also pray for our sacristans, cantors, musicians & lectors, Alan & John who brought it all to fruition.
We continue to pray for the healthcare workers caring for the sick. As restrictions are slowly eased, pray for all those who are infected with the virus, please pray for all who have died—and their families; and pray for the safety of everyone.
Mass is broadcast on Sunday at 10:15 am via Facebook and YouTube with Father Steve as celebrant. Use either of these methods to watch:
- St. Matthew’s on Facebook – facebook.com/ChurchofStMatthew
- St. Matthew’s on YouTube – youtube.com/c/ChurchofStMatthew
To see previous online masses, go to our Worship Online page