Parish office closed, masses canceled
To protect the health of our staff, volunteers, parishioners, and Father Steve, the parish office is closed and all in-person Masses are cancelled. This includes funeral and baptisms.
Mass is broadcast on Sunday at 10:15 am via Facebook and YouTube with Father Steve as celebrant. Use either of these methods to watch:
- St. Matthew’s on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/churchofstmatthew/videos
- St. Matthew’s on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxneBGmDSfg3oPtqP8W5vxQ
To see previous online masses, go to our Worship Online page
Worshiping together again
From John Riehle, Pastoral Administrator, 11 am, May 24, 2020, as announced at the end of our Sunday morning broadcast of Mass.
- We are living in an uncertain time. We have received much information in the past 48 hours; much of it conflicts with other information.
- I talked with Fr. Steve; the Liturgy Committee talked about this for an hour on Friday afternoon. We are all in consensus of the calendar we will observe at St. Matt’s.
- We will begin having “public Masses” here at Saint Matthew on July 18 and 19. Until that time we will continue to broadcast the Mass on Sunday mornings at 10:15. This calendar will give us a firm plan to point to and work with. Also this will coincide with Fr. Steve’s return from a well-deserved vacation.
- Our worshipping community is mostly folks who have pre-existing conditions and many are older than the suggested “cut-off” age of 65. As well, we have had responses from some who are younger; they have said they would not think of coming until Labor Day. Of course, Father Steve is well into the elderly category as well.
- We will develop a series of practices for dealing with more than 10 at a Mass. These will be posted on the Website and Facebook.
- This will be a new way to worship together. It will be very different from what we were doing in early March.
- Please pray for each other; pray for Father Steve; pray for all those who are infected with the virus; please pray for all who have died—and their families; and pray for the safety of everyone.
Download PDF files of weekly bulletins and inserts. Note: St. Matt's bulletins have the blue cover. The others are for Our Lady of Guadalupe. We have a joint account with LPI Publications.
Worship and Prayer
THE POWER OF PRAYER: You can request prayers for yourself, family and friends by calling St. Matthew’s Prayer Line 651.457.0228. You can request prayers for healing, family unhappiness, help to find a job, addiction to name a few. All requests are confidential.
Liturgical Ministry Schedule
Volunteer Opportunities and Parish Needs
We need volunteers to continue the work of serving our parish and community. Opportunities here: st-matts.org/opportunities-needs
Latest Blog News
Support St. Matt's via Amazon Smile
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. When searching among the many charities registered at smile.amazon.com, type in “St Matthew Church St Paul” and you’ll find us.
You can use this link to choose St. Matt's as your charity: smile.amazon.com/ch/41-0707559
The Good News
Brought to you by Alums and Families and Friends in support of Community of Saints Regional Catholic School. For all newsletter editions click here